Retreat to Devon this Autumn for a complete break
The benefits of escaping to Devon for a retreat this autumn are clear.
As you head back to work, making time for yourself should be a priority, for your mental and physical wellbeing.
Summer in the UK has been glorious, at least for those of us that worship the sun. And now with the prospect of ‘back to school’ and ‘back to work’ you may be wondering just when you’ll be able to properly relax again.
The benefit of having a date in the diary for a Devon retreat for yourself, is that you can focus on the tasks ahead. Even if the stress levels are high, you know that there is an opportunity to relax just around the corner.
Burnout happens when we keep on working despite the warning signals that stress is becoming overwhelming. Incorporating full and complete breaks into your annual schedule is a great way to avoid burnout.
Why Devon, and why the Healthy Minds Retreat?
Devon has been my home for most of my life. I have lived in Hampshire, Surrey and Africa, all of which had their appeal, but coming back to Devon was the best decision I ever made!
Now living on the edge of Dartmoor, in sight of the sea, my lifestyle is geared towards great mental and physical health.
Here’s why you should escape here for a retreat in Devon, on the very tip of Dartmoor’s Southern edge –
- It’s peaceful. The nighttime sounds are of owls and the occasional fox. The wind in the trees, the odd bark. In daytime you can hear birdsong and laughter. It’s calm. It’s relaxed.
- Wild nature is right on the doorstep. We have sheep, Dartmoor ponies and cattle. We see deer if we’re up and about at dawn. The moors in Autumn are so beautifully colourful – russets and golds and the purple of heather. It’s breathtaking. A retreat here starts from the moment you arrive.
- We’re between Moor and Sea. It’s well known that being in nature is good for our mental health. Here in Devon we are sandwiched between the Dartmoor National Park and the coast of the Beautiful South Hams ( in the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty)
- The air is clean! The venue is conveniently situated only a couple of miles from the A38. Yet once you turn off, you’re on country roads. And the cottages themselves are at the end of a lane, where hardly any vehicles pass. Bliss.
- Devon folk are friendly. It’s a lovely feeling to be greeted with warm smiles wherever you go. You’ll be more than welcome in our little community, and that feels good!
Just Bring Yourself to Devon!
You may have the impression that you have to go to a big city to find luxury. Not so – read on to discover what we have to offer here on our Devon retreat.
- Award Winning accommodation. The Cottages at Blackadon Farm have won numerous awards. They have been fully refurbished with impressive soundproofing, lovely bathrooms and the MOST comfortable beds you’ll find anywhere.
- Food from Dartmoor Larder. We’re proud to partner with Dartmoor Larder for the freshest, purest and most flavourful food you’ll taste. Using locally sourced ingredients, Sandy provides us with delicious meals throughout our retreat, from breakfast pots to dinnertime feasts.
- Absolutely everything is taken care of. We can arrange transfers from Exeter Airport (additional cost) or the train stations at Totnes or Ivybridge (no charge). You just need to bring yourself and your clothes – and a pair of walking shoes!
- Walk from the front door. With Dartmoor literally on the doorstep, beautiful walks are guaranteed, without having to use the car at all. We can walk on some lovely circular routes to find streams and hills, granite tors and ancient stone circles. Or we can take a stroll to the nearby Wrangaton Golf Club for a coffee and a chat.
- If you fancy exploring further afield in South Devon, whilst you’re on your retreat, we can arrange to visit the beaches or woodland and rivers that are a stones throw away.
- We have the most amazing team. From Marcus and Ryan who own the Cottages, to Sandy, Harry and Helen. Everyone involved is an expert at what they do, and here to make your Devon retreat exactly what you want it to be.
A Healthy Minds Retreat in Devon can be as little or as much as you want
We have everything in place to enable you to enjoy your Devon retreat in a way that is just right for you.
There will be planned activities – such as the beautiful Sound Journey on Wednesday evening with Helen Phillips. There will also be plenty of free time. You can join in with whatever suits you, so this can be an active break, a relaxing break, or both!
The Retreat Itinerary is available here
If you’d like to use the opportunity to plan, to write, to reflect or to sleep, it’s entirely up to you! (read more about this importance of sleep in this article )
I’ll be in touch in the run up to the retreat, before you make your escape to Devon. This way, I’ll know what your best hopes are for your autumn Devon retreat, and I’ll tailor our activities to make sure everyone has what they need.